Careers in the Curriculum
At The Appleton School, all staff are committed to bringing their subject to life for our students. This enables them to develop a greater understanding of how the skills and knowledge they develop in lessons can lead to different career pathways. Some of the ways we do this are by:
- Inviting speakers into school to support lessons
- Promoting employability skills during lessons such as teamwork, communication and leadership
- Discussing careers in lessons so that students understand how their subjects lead to different careers
- Setting work related tasks to broaden students’ understanding of how their lessons link to the world of work
- Creating displays within each Department to promote career pathways and raise aspirations
To explore different careers related to your favourite subjects click on the carousel of posters below:
If you see a career that you are interested in and would like to find out more you can enter the job title into the Careerometer.
To carry out further research into careers related to different subjects you can log into The Appleton School Careers Portal here and go to the Subject Information page.